In 2025 Chemnitz will be European Capital of Culture. The European Capital of Culture Chemnitz 2025 GmbH will continue to develop the programme from the bid book and realise the 2025 Capital of Culture programme, including preparation and follow-up. The programme team will be built up over the next few years and will drive forward the planning of the 2025 programme.
For the Capital of Culture Chemnitz 2025 GmbH we are looking for the following full-time position as soon as possible, probably limited until the end of 2026
Programme Director (m/f/d)
We are looking for an experienced team player with strong skills in the organisation, communication and moderation of cultural programmes based on the existing bid book content.
The Programme Director is responsible for driving artistic, creative, cultural and digital programming consisting of in-house and collaborative projects. The programme will be further developed in cooperation with a circle of curators, local, regional and international actors and the programme team of Chemnitz 2025 GmbH.
This person is responsible for the internal and external representation of the programme, especially in the media. The main task is to communicate the narrative of the application, which was developed in a participatory process by the urban society and region of Chemnitz together with European partners. The programme should contribute to the fulfilment of the six strategic objectives for Chemnitz 2025 and aim to develop programme elements that will have an impact beyond 2025 as defined in the bid book.
You like to move confidently in a creative environment and (urban) society. You face up to controversial debates in a reflective approach in which you prepare and realise the Capital of Culture Year together with (cultural) actors. You have proven project development and implementation experience in your professional career and enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team. You identify with the programme developed in the Bidbook.
In addition, you have the following qualifications, among others:
- Completed university studies in cultural, music, media or communication studies or comparable qualifications
- Several years of professional experience in the development and communication of artistic content
Please send your application as a pdf file by 4 July, quoting the reference number KEX_3242, to the personnel consultancy Kulturexperten Dr. Scheytt GmbH: email@example.com.
For enquiries: Prof. Dr. Oliver Scheytt and Katrin Waldeck at 0201 2488 2360
CEO – Managing Director
Having won the title of “European Capital of Culture 2025”, preparations are now beginning for the 2025 event year. To ensure the successful implementation of the application, the City of Chemnitz founded the wholly owned subsidiary Chemnitz 2025 GmbH.
The task of the project company is to implement the programme under the motto “C the unseen” within the framework of the budget provided and to create sustainable structures and communication spaces for citizen participation for the city of Chemnitz and the entire region. The successful implementation of the project “C the unseen” will send positive impulses for the city and the region far beyond the project year 2025.
Managing Director (m/f/d)
As the first contact person in the European Capital of Culture 2025, you will build up a company with around 60 employees and create a corporate culture characterised by trust, cooperation and efficiency.
- Establishment and management of the project GmbH in all administrative, legal and personnel matters; this includes in particular the recruitment of management personnel
- Responsibility for the successful & sustainable implementation of the programme for the European Capital of Culture 2025 in close cooperation with the Artistic Director
- First representative:in the Capital of Culture Chemnitz 2025 vis-à-vis the supervisory board, administration, city society and region as well as other important actors in the state, federal government and EU
- Full business management responsibility, including financial planning, budgeting, controlling and financial optimisation as well as the acquisition and management of third-party funds and sponsorships
- A degree in law / business administration / administrative sciences or cultural management or a comparable degree
- Many years of professional experience & proven experience in the management of comparably complex projects, ideally in the cultural sector
- Strong business management profile, proven experience with funding and third-party funded projects and entrepreneurial mindset
- International experience and understanding of the history and particular challenges of the region
- Proven professional and disciplinary leadership experience with a focus on cooperative and value-based collaboration: delegating responsibility, not tasks – Experience in working at the interface of politics, administration and culture with appropriate negotiation and mediation skills as well as transparent communication
- Fluency in German and English is essential, another foreign language is an advantage
- The unique opportunity to fill the Capital of Culture 2025 project with life and to shape the Chemnitz region sustainably with your work
- Independent development of a company with a clear vision and objectives and the opportunity to shape a team and a corporate culture from the very beginning.
- Challenging interface between culture, politics and different actors in the region, the state and the EU
- A varied field of work that combines business management and cultural aspects with international references
- An attractive, non-tariff salary and a four-year contract that opens up interesting perspectives for your future career Can we inspire you for this position? Then we look forward to getting to know you!
Please send your complete application documents, quoting the reference number DE-20380, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact Dr Ralf Biele and Florian Schmitz on 0351 807 32 0.