The supervisory board of the European Capital of Culture 2025 GmbH constituted itself yesterday evening in the first meeting after its election. The board made important decisions: Lord Mayor Sven Schulze is the chairman of the supervisory board, and the entrepreneur Dr. Micaela Schönherr is the deputy chairman.
At the meeting, the board commissioned the founding managing director of the GmbH, Dr. Christoph Dittrich, to initiate the international job advertisements for the programme director and the managing director. These two central positions are to be filled by the end of September with the help of renowned personnel consultants. An international search committee will accompany the selection process.
Mayor Sven Schulze: “The prompt filling of the key positions for the GmbH is an important building block for the success of our Capital of Culture year. I have great confidence in the process that Dr. Dittrich is now initiating and I am sure that we will have filled the two positions competently and formatively in the autumn.”
The members of the Supervisory Board are:
- Lord Mayor Sven Schulze, Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Dr. Micaela Schönherr, CFO at Prefere Resins in Berlin, Deputy Chairperson of the Supervisory Board
- Ministerialdirigent Dr. Jan Ole Püschel, Head of Group K 3: Media and Film; International Affairs of the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and Media (BKM)
- Sebastian Hecht, Head of the Department of Culture and Tourism at the Saxon State Ministry of Science, Culture and Tourism
- Almut Patt, CDU, City Councillor
- Arnošt MARKS, Ph.D., MSc., Associate Dean for Creative, International and Innovative Activities and Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies, Arts and High Technology at the University of West Bohemia, Plzen
- Mikko Fritze, Director of the Finland Institute for German-speaking Countries in Berlin
- Bernd Birkigt, Mayor of the town of Oelsnitz/Erzgeb. and Chairman of the Friends of the European Cultural Region Chemnitz 2025 e.V.
- Nancy Gibson, Director of the Chemnitz Municipal Music School